|The fabulous Beeblebrox|
|First||Leader: Zaphod Beeblebrox|
|Second||Slogan: Don't Panic|
|Third||Theme: The Hitchhiker's Guide|
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space." ~Douglas Adams
The 42th World is a world of The Metaverse. It has a lot of mortals, but there are a few gods here too. It is rather technologically advanced and many planetary civilizations commerce throughout this world. Due to the discovery of the Infinite Improbability Drive (which causes literally anything to happen), which has partially damaged the causality, many consider this world to be a mortal version of the Fifth World.
Billions of years ago when the world was just starting to grow spacefaring races, certain people began to get really rich, and just like in the First World, unhappy. They didn't like the look and feel of their planets. The ocean just wasn't the right shade of pink or something like that.
Margrathea started a business constructing custom planets to solve this problem. The Margratheans built planet after planet, becoming the most economically powerful people ever. Then when people stopped being able to afford their services, they left.
Meanwhile, a pandimensional advanced society of philosophers called mice wanted to determine the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything. They used a supercomputer to determine that the answer was 42, but they didn't know what the question was.
They started a 10 million year project called Earth to find out what the question is. The Vogons ended up destroying it 5 minutes before it was complete.
There are numerous sentient races here. Here are the known ones:
- Humans (although Earth was recently destroyed by the Vogons so there are few left)
- Vogons - Miserable creatures who aren't good at anything, except bureaucracy and destroying planets.
- Betelgeusians - Zaphod Beeblebrox is one of these. Froody people.
- Mice - highly intelligent pandimensional beings. They probably also created
Top Problem Edit
"The Universe was created
This makes me very angry and I regard it as a bad move." ~BrowsOfSteel
- This world is entirely based off of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie/book/radio/towel series from Douglas Adams.
- The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything being the same number as the number world this is -42- is a meaningless coincidence.
- However, many coincidences happen here thanks to the Improbability Drive.
- The 42thworldproblems subreddit should technically be "42nd", not "42th". Oh well.